Friday, March 13, 2009

Directionally Challenged Baby

I went in yesterday for yet another ultrasound to check the baby's size. She is not quite 7 lbs, + or - 13 ounces......AND.......she's breech. I am scheduled to go in on Tuesday for an external version, which I am NOT looking forward to! You see, even the midwife doing the simple act of rolling the doppler over my belly causes me pain, and this procedure is going to be 100 times the pressure! The doctor told me that there was a good chance that my water would break during the procedure, as well as a risk of placental abruption (placenta tearing from uterine wall - VERY BAD!)

End result....if all the drama mentioned above actually does happen, then I am whisked downstairs for an emergency C-section. I am thinking that the worst that will happen is that I will have a VERY sore belly for a couple of days. Maybe, if I am lucky, this kid will just decide to flip on her own and I can just forgo all the aforementioned drama!

So, everyone....start sending your good vibes this way...turn...turn...turn...

2 comments:

Perry fam said...

Wishing you the best of luck and turn baby turn!!!

Shauna said...

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose, under heaven...