Tuesday, March 17, 2009

OH MY HOLY FREAKIN' OUCH!

I went in for my external version today...it was one of the most excruciatingly painful moments of my life! They turned her...it took a half an hour to do so, she was VERY stubborn about being moved! I about ripped Rob's hand off, it hurt that bad!

It turns out that she was in a frank breech position, meaning that if I went into spontaneous labor and she just happened to be born, her butt would make it's entrance first, with her legs folded in front of her face. She had her little head tucked up right underneath my heart...guess she liked the sound..maybe I will try a ticking clock once she arrives and see if she sleeps through the night...

I went in to see my midwife a couple of hours later. I thought she might have flipped right on back to her former position, and the midwife could not tell by palpation if the head was still down. So they popped me into an ultrasound really quick..and she was still head down. All I can say is...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay there!!! I will do almost anything to avoid a C-section...but if they have to do this again..then they are inducing me immediately afterwards!!! I swear I am going to have bruises on my belly for days!! Tonight is definitely a Lortab night!

No comments: