Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Test....

On Wednesday the 16th of May, I went to take my written test for my CNA relicensure. I had studied up on all the terminology and went back through my catalog of memories in nursing homes (pretty self-entertaining..I tell ya')
I had a puppet show in downtown Salt Lake in the late morning, and after the show I decided that it would probably be really smart if I went to find the testing site, as it was also in the South Salt Lake vicinity, and....I am directionally challenged. I finally found the place after driving in just a couple of circles. It was about 11:30 and I was debating on going home and coming back for my 1:30 test. I called Rob to get his opinion..we both concluded that it would be smarter, and cheaper (dang expensive gas!) if I just stayed put. I did happen to have a couple of errands to run that were extremely close, so I went to take care of those. On my way back to the testing center..I decided that I needed some lunch, so I stopped at Wendy's, mmmmmmmm yummy! Now, I have been known to be just slightly lactose intolerant..so I should have known better than to do what I did. I ordered a strawberry shake with my meal. Usually, if there is going to be a problem, I know within 15 minutes and I figured (with my fuzzy logic) that I would be fine time wise. Fifteen minutes came and went with no symptoms, so I marched my happy self into the testing center.
I can talk to just about anyone, and as luck would have it, there was a small crowd waiting outside the testing center doors, and we were all taking the same test. So I chatted with everyone for a bit, and then we were called in to register. I verified that I was who I said I was and showed my picture ID, signed the paperwork and my life away. Then they went over some last minute details and told us from this point on, we could not leave. That's about when my belly started protesting....dun da dun dun. We had two hours to complete the test. Fortunately it was all multiple choice. About 10 minutes into it, I was in some pretty considerable discomfort, and by 20 minutes my belly was emitting such loud roars of disapproval that my test neighbors were beginning to give me side long glances of concern. I zipped through 100 questions in 29 minutes! I ran (quickly hobbled) out the door to get signed out. An administrator came back to log me out, looked at me and the time on the screen and asked if I wanted to review anything. I said a strangled "no!" and managed to make it out to the waiting area. I thought they would give me my results immediately, but no...they changed policy and said I would receive them by mail in 5 to 10 days...whatever! "Um, where is your closest bathroom?" Don't worry, I made it......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whew! Glad you made it through the test! And glad you passed it too. :)