Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wow...It's bright.....

The Rob Fox family has finally come out of the dark ages of internet-dom and has obtained high speed internet!!! Until 1:30 p.m. MST we were on Juno's dial-up. Don't get me wrong, we knew about high-speed and all, we just couldn't swallow the astronomical charges.
About a month ago, Rob's laptop took one last feeble gasp and gave up the ghost, it was very sad and might have almost bordered on tragic if not for the wondrous talents of BIL Jesse Harris and his nifty flash drive. We were able to save all our photos, documents and such, but we now had nowhere to put them......so Rob went shopping. Generally in the relationship, the woman is the shopper...not so here! Unless it is a scrapbook store, I hate shopping! I have in mind what I want, I go in the store, get it, and get out! Not Rob, he loves to look for deals and he takes the time to research if it is a major purchase. Me, I'm just too impatient. So for us, it is more economically sound to let Rob do the purchasing. Back to Rob's laptop search......
Rob decided on a MacBook Pro and it was quite the steal, so it was ordered and arrived 2 days later. It is a very nice looking machine, if I do say so myself, and we had some enjoyable moments checking it out. Rob comments..."There is no phone jack..." "What?" I say, "How could that be?" It was at that moment that it hit me....dial up is obsolete! How did we get away with it for this long? Sigh....
A couple of weeks later Rob found another killer deal on a desktop and brought that home...once again, no phone jack...alas....what to do??
Bring on the sunglasses folks and welcome to the future!!!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Nice name. I smell a lawsuit!

momof5foxes said...

Didn't I ask if I owed royalties for your coolness???