Tuesday, June 3, 2008

hippo birdy screw me.....

You must sing the above words to the tune of "Happy Birthday"....I dunno, it made me giggle...REALLY hard!

Sooooooooo....it was my birthday today. I am officially another year older... It was a very nice day. I had a puppet show in the morning which Rob accompanied me on and afterwards we went to lunch at Chick Fil-A...yummy. Even yummier because it was free, because we camped in their parking lot overnight, in the rain...that's another story. From there we went to our brand new Super Wal Mart and did a little shopping. We had just pulled in to the parking lot when I spied a Great Clips sandwich board stating 'haircut special - $6.99' I mused about this out loud and Rob says "You want to get your hair cut?" Didn't have to ask me twice! We pull up to the store front and Rob asks me,"So..do you want to get a perm, or a style?" My eyes bugged for a second, and I stammered a bit....You see, my hair is REALLY long, and that means much money for a mass of lovely curls. In the end I decided on a haircut and style. Long layers with a long sweeping side bang. I lost about 4 inches+ of nasty damaged hair..(note to self: DO NOT wait 3 1/2 years between haircuts!) It felt really nice to be pampered for a bit, and I was highly flattered when the stylist registered extreme shock upon learning my age. I got to feel glamourous for a little while as well, with my hair all curly and shiny and bouncy....until the blasted wind got a hold of it! We had some humidity today as well..so after a couple of hours it was a far cry from what it started out as. But oh well, it was really fun while it lasted, and I am grateful to my husband for insisting that I do something nice/extravagant for myself, because I really enjoyed it...if you haven't already guessed by my excessive rambling!

Of course, it didn't end there....oh no!!! Rob also got me New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. If you have not read the Twilight series, you are seriously missing out!! Guys..these are chick type vampire/romance novels...VERY AWESOME...so pardon my raving if you think such things are cheesy. I also got a new 12x12 scrapbook album to feed my scrapping addiction, potting soil to darken my slightly green thumb, and a blonde highlighting kit to spur on the new found interest in my hair. Hopefully I don't end up making myself look like Frankensteins' bride.

When we got home, I rested for a little bit and then headed out for another puppet show. When I got home, Rob was making dinner. Wow...am I spoiled or what? After dinner my friend Mindy showed up with a plate of homemade cookies and some balloons, and stayed to watch me open a present which Rob had wrapped for me. Rob got me something great yet again! He got me Wii Fit! Mindy saw that and said that just because I got that didn't mean that I got to stop exercising with her! Yeah..I think I'll take that. This system is one mean video game...it took no time at all for it to tell me I was a morbidly obese fatty with the fitness level of a 49 year old...tell me something I don't know! My kids had a blast setting up their own profiles, and then the game tells them..."It's Mom's birthday! Make sure you do something nice for her!!" HA!!! How 'bout you take back what you called me you..you...you...uh yeah..it's just a video game that is going to help me acheive my fitness goals. Actually, even with the computer jibes, I am looking forward to seeing if I can do an overhaul on this sagging mothership! Then my excellent friend, Karen Fragassi, called me to wish me a happy birthday and get all the afore mentioned details. When she was signing off, she gave me the wondrous title for this post. Love that woman..she has the most awesome witticisms! They make me think, and almost always make me laugh...usually really hard!

So, anywho...that was my day...if you have stuck it out this far..wow..you really must like me..or you are really bored...either way...thanks!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Awww... glad you had an awesome birthday. I can't wait to see your new hair!

Anonymous said...

Birthdays like that make it almost worth having another one next year.

Happy birthday (and I hope the hippo birdy doesn't *really* screw you).

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!