Monday, June 30, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

I was bathing my 2 year old this evening, as I seem to be doing every night and sometimes during the day as well. He has just recently acquired an interest in all things dirt. He loves to play in his sandbox, and lay in it...sometimes facedown. He loves to play in our neighbors dirt side yard with his cars and trains..the kid just likes dirt, so he gets lots of baths, which he has decided he definitely does NOT like!

This evening he ended up in the tub because he decided that my compost bucket made a good hat...he might have thought that it made for a fun head covering..but it definitely did not make for a good smell! I guess we should be considering ourselves lucky that a. there wasn't much in there, and b. the scraps were relatively fresh.

So I put him in the tub while I was still trying to carry on a conversation with my sister in law, Shauna. It wasn't very easy because he was protesting loudly..Shauna could probably attest to that! I soon ended my telephone conversation and proceeded to bathe the boy. He got mad at me for soaping him up, and proceeded to throw all his very waterlogged toys on my bathroom floor, creating a small lake in the process. I quickly tossed them all back in and sternly told him "No! Stop that!" then from him.."No! Youstopat!" I then decided that a good rinsing was what he needed so I could get him out of the tub and end his water flinging rampage. So I dumped a huge cup of water over his head, and then I did it again (just trying to get the suds out of his hair) After a few seconds of spluttering, he looks up at me and says, "You Meeniead mommy!"

I was laughing so hard I was almost crying....

Let us hope that that is the worst insult he ever comes up with! It was so dang cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is it with boys and dirt, anyway? My kid loves it so much too. Of course, it probably runs in the blood. I've got a picture of me when I'm about his age, literally covered from head to toe in mud, happy as a clam. Good, good fun.