Friday, June 6, 2008

A Weight Off My Shoulders....

Well folks, you are viewing the blog of Utah's newest CNA!!! I PASSED! I PASSED!! I PASSED!!!!!!! You should have seen the jumping happy dance I was performing this afternoon in my kitchen...Cade's comment, "Wow Mom! You can jump? I didn't know you could jump!" I guess that is a sorry commentary on my activity level, when one of my children registers excitement over my feet leaving the ground, however momentary!

Also on the venue today was Brenna's birthday. She has achieved her very first decade in life! I am ooooooooooolllllllllllllllldddddd! It really doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I gazed into those big, dark newborn eyes of hers for the first time, and watched Rob proudly feed his firstborn Oreo cream. Sniff....sniff...where did all the time go? Her party today was certainly an event. I had 8 ten year olds in my house simultaneously, two of which were boys! We had a karaoke party, thanks to the assistance of Jesse and Shauna, and it was a screaming success (emphasis on the screaming)! Really, there were a fair amount of kids who could perform reasonably well and only a couple that you just had to pin a smile on your face and sit on your hands. Jaron really got a kick out of the system and put on quite the show pre and post-party!

Brenna got lots of lovely presents and all in all seemed to have a pretty awesome day!

The Wii Fit that Rob got me for my birthday has also been quite the hit in this house. I have been on it everyday, and I wince everytime I have to climb the stairs. Boy am I sore!!! I think this is seriously the most fun I have ever had exercising! I never seem to get on the thing at the same time every day, so my stats are wildly fluctuating, which the computer never ceases to point out. Maybe in a couple of months it will quit telling me what a weak and unbalanced body I have...one can hope, right?

Til' next time...

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Yay! I'm so glad the karaoke was a success.

And also Yay! So glad you passed the test. That's awesome.

Unknown said...

Congrats to you! That's awesome news.

.44 Special said...

Wow! That was fast! So glad you now have something ELSE you can do (again) that will help the family and get you closer to your higher goals. Good Job.

I've been wondering about that Wii Fit thing... Do you have to program it to know your body balance? Hmmm...