Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Finally Happening....

I have an interview scheduled with the Murray Women's Center at the new IHC hospital at 1:30 p.m.!!!!! After weeks of waiting, a position finally became available in the Maternal/Newborn unit. It is full-time, and I am hoping they need mostly nights. I have been reassured by my good friend Kim..who is a nurse there..that the nurse managers are wonderful to work with, very kind, and flexible with scheduling and such. I am very excited and extremely nervous at the same time...so I am just going to concentrate on not being a total blithering idiot tomorrow! Wish me luck! I'm sure I'll need it!

The best part about this whole thing is (besides being immersed with new moms and newborns)that in January they are opening a new nursing program through the local community college here. All I really need to do is take Chemistry this Fall (ICK!) and all my pre-requisites should be covered.....

So.....new path opened up, tons of new opportunities - nervewracking? Somewhat...Exciting? You betcha!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I hope the interview went well (or goes well, I can't remember what day you said it was.)

Shauna said...

That's wonderful! Good luck!