Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back in the Saddle...

Well, I refuse to give up. I guess I owe my extreme stubborn streak to my wonderful Norwegian/Irish/Scottish heritage! I got my first CNA job at Placerville Pines out of sheer persistance, I sat in that nursing home lobby every day for almost a week until the staff director finally approached me and said,"You aren't going to go away, are you? You must really want to work here..." "No, I won't, and Yes, I do!", I replied. She said, "Okay..be here at 8 a.m. tomorrow." The rest is history...

IHC has rejected me twice now, but has also called me up for two more interviews. I completed one interview yesterday for an Acute Care Float Pool position. I got my hopes up really high the last time, so I am trying not to be too preoccupied by all of it this time. The interview went well, everyone was really nice just like last time, but I really connected with the two nurses who were making the decisions..so I have a small flicker of hope that that will keep me in the running.

I have another interview at Primary Children's on Tuesday for the Rapid Care Clinic in the ER there...we'll see how that goes.

I figure that if it worked once, it will work again. I will continue to apply for every available CNA position until they a) hire me to stop me from bombarding them with my applications, or b) block me from their site!

My boys come home later this morning, and our family will once again be complete and hopping with activity! Mostly sibling rivalry stuff...I think I might miss the quiet, but I will be glad to have everyone in one place!

2 comments:

Sylwia said...

shanon

i just got home here to georgia and was reading my emails about the leaky oil van that you guys bought. i'm sorry i didnt read it in time to help holding up posters. i was just wondering what ever happened and if you got it on the news and stuff. please post something about it. josh and i are very curious about what happened.

sylwia

Unknown said...

congrats on getting the job! good luck on your other applications, too.